Hadley Township Board Members
The board is comprised of the supervisor, clerk, treasurer and two
trustees. Each of these officials has specific duties defined by law. The
elected members of the township board adopt the annual budget, which
determines the scope and character of township services. The board
also adopts ordinances to protect the community’s health, safety and
welfare. The township board oversees township programs and
services. Township board members also oversee the administration of
important township functions.
Besides moderating meetings,
ensures that assessments on
taxable property conform to
Collects property taxes for the
township, schools, the county
and other tax levying entities
Has custody of vital records,
accounts for township finances,
and oversees elections
conducted by the township.
Zoning Board of Appeals
- Shall hear and decide questions that arise in the administration of the zoning ordinance, including the interpretation of the zoning maps.
- Shall hear and decide appeals from and review any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official or body charged with enforcement of a zoning ordinance.
- Shall hear and decide matters referred to it by the zoning ordinance or that it is required to pass under the zoning ordinance.
- Decides variance requests.
- Hears special land use and planned unit development appeals only if provided for by zoning ordinance.
Board of Review
- Examines and reviews the assessment roll for the current year as prepared by the supervisor/assessor.
- Adds property omitted from the assessment roll.
- Corrects errors in names, descriptions of property, and the assessment and valuation of property.
- Hears taxpayer appeals.
- Endorses the completed assessment roll.
LINDA STEVENS | LEO PUTZ | KENT COPEMAN
Greenwood Cemetery Contacts:
Chris Tippen: 248.627-5815
Steven Nihranz: 810-706-2505